It’s almost time for Chinese New Year, so I got my hair cut WAYY ahead of time so I don’t have to scramble at the last minute. There’s a Chinese superstition that says you can’t cut your hair once CNY begins, because it is equivalent to cutting away good fortune.
It’s almost better to not be aware of such superstitions, because once you do, how can you not wonder if it’s true or not? (Silly, I know haha)
So my awesome stylist Daniella turned my blond/caramel-ish ombre into a dark brown ash, with pops of purple/magenta peekaboos.
Cut about 2 inches off, for some reason I’ve been really digging the short hair lately.
Daniella and I were having some fun with the awesome birdcage prop she had.
Moving on, thought this would be a perfect time for a 50-random-facts-about-me tag!
- Born in Taiwan, raised in Queens, New York.
- Currently live in the Bay Area. (California)
- I am 29 years old and will be turning the big 3-0 this year.
- I’m a shortie, standing at 5’3.
- I speak both Cantonese and Mandarin.
- I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Fashion Design.
- I’m a Marketer for a software/tech startup in the Bay Area.
- I’m a huge fan of Disney! My favorite Disney princess of all time is Ariel.
- If I come across a song I really like, I will put it on replay all day.
- I love dipping my french fries in mickey d’s soft serve.
- I can’t ride a bike.
- My favorite number is 23.
- I’m a buddhist.
- I have a bad habit of chewing my straws.
- My current beauty obsession is skin care.
- I’m a introvert.
- But I can also be an extrovert! It all depends.
- I’m super direct and blunt but it’s never anything personal.
- My wardrobe colors consist of: Black, Burgundy, Cream, Nudes, Army Green, Shell Pinks, and Plaids.
- My OOTD will depend on the design, quality, and color.
- If I could redo my college years, I would study to become a registered nurse.
- I am very OCD on cleanliness.
- I really dislike repeating myself more than once.
- Despite my small frame, I can eat quite a lot.
- I love going to ballets, symphonies, musicals, and museums.
- When I was young, I had a small turtle that I named Chow Sing-Tse.
- I LOVE eating CHEETOS!
- I’m a hopeless romantic. I believe that everyone comes into your life for a reason.
- Split ends drive me crazy.
- I love playing video games (kind of a geek :P)
- My current fave game is Disney Tsum Tsums.
- I love travelling.
- I’ve seen Father of the Bride at least 100 times.
- I pretended to be Dumbo when I was a kid.
- My guilty pleasure is splurging on fine dining.
- I’m partial to 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- When I’m having a bad day, I like to indulge in a pint of ice cream.
- I’m kinda good at Wheel of Fortune. (Maybe one day you will see me on the show)
- I love baking.
- Spring is my favorite season.
- I have the worst allergies.
- I carry pocket tissues and tiger balm wherever I go. (I’m a total grandma)
- Some of my fave fashion houses are: Vera Wang, Lanvin, Chanel, Valentino.
- I was a tomboy.
- I laugh until I cry.
- I sleep with eyelids partially open. (my bf thinks it’s creepy)
- I have double jointed toes.
- I can recite the whole plane scene from Bridesmaids.
- I can’t stand people who can’t park in their designated spots.
- I use a bazillion napkins when I eat.
Had lots of fun compiling this beauty tag, 50 random facts was harder than it looked! Hope you guys learned a bit more about me. 🙂 What other beauty tags would you guys like me to do? Please remember to like this post and subscribe.